There is another way!
Bethesda Transportation Solutions (BTS) is a FREE resource available to commuters and employers in Bethesda's business district who are looking for "another way" to get to work. BTS is a division of the Bethesda Urban Partnership (BUP), which is a non-profit organization, responsible for coordinating the Transportation Management District (TMD) of Bethesda through a contract with Montgomery County. BTS works diligently to facilitate active partnerships with commuters, employers, civic associations, local governments as well as community members to improve traffic congestion. BTS provides the following services:
- Transit maps and bus routing information:
- Ridesharing services: helps commuters create carpools and matches riders with existing carpools and vanpools enabling participants to take advantage of priority parking.
- Employer services: BTS helps companies take advantage of employee benefit programs:
- Biking: We have information on everything from the Capital Crescent Trail and public bike rack locations to bike-on-rail guidelines and Capital Bikeshare. We also host a pit stop for the annual Bike to Work Day event and provide the Bike Spirit Awards.
- Pedestrian safety and awareness: BTS worked with the Maryland Department of Transportation and Montgomery County Transit Services to include downtown Bethesda in a pilot program testing the effectiveness of pedestrian countdown signals.
Our goals are as follows:
- Manage traffic congestion
- Support alternatives to driving alone
- Reduce air and noise pollution
- Promote bicycle and pedestrian access
Read more about our successes in our Biennial Reports.